Oversee all of A+E Korea’s operational aspects in keeping to the main strategic priorities of quality, customer service excellence and maximized operational efficiencies.
This includes providing key support to the Korea business and international operations initiatives, including tech launches, project implementation, data capture & tracking, and new corporate & regional technology roll-outs. The role also requires managing vendors and their operational performance, to ensure that internal processes serve the business needs
• Daily management of operations matters, including allocation of tasks, projects & responsibilities. Monitoring of performance, ensuring all operations servicing requirements are met.
• Manage the playout & distribution budget and on-air performance. Serves as A+E Korea’s main escalation point in the event of any on air discrepancy or potential operational issues. This is to ensure that viewership experience and interaction levels of A+E Korea channels/platforms is always of the highest possible quality.
• Oversee the budget and materials delivery/enhancement (e.g. subtitling, dubbing, promos) operations required for the different brands under the A+E banner, for linear and non-linear platforms. Ensure that business needs are communicated and that all internal and external parties are clear on timeframes and deliverables.
• Oversee or directly manage internal or external teams on operational projects. Create a structured framework and timeline, make sure that milestones are met and align resources to ensure the success of each project.
• Work closely with International Ops teams (including Production & Fulfillment) to address regional technical workflow challenges; identify and implement quick & efficient solutions.
• Contribute to Projects across the International Ops team, including business analyses, metadata capture and tracking, workflow designs, new technology implementations, vendor reviews, service enhancement etc.
• Regularly update broadcast industry database with key developments, trends and information, sharing with the business to improve servicing and knowledge. Share info with key teams within the business and regional partners
• Budget and cost management, including, monitoring of vendor invoices and tracking costs against planned expenditure.
Experience & Skills Required
• Experience in Media/Broadcast Operations (for a Broadcast Channel, OTT platform or Service Provider).
• Experience in Media/Broadcast Content management: File types, storage, movement, encoding, transcoding, systems, MAM, CMS.
• Experience in team management/supervision.
• Understanding of broadcast workflows including production, post, transmission and distribution.
• Project management experience including launching new channels & services.
• Excellent Korean & English written & oral communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Ability to analyze Operations’ issues and provide creative solutions to complex problems.
• Confidence, persistence and the capacity to influence internal and external partners & clients.
• Data gathering & analyses skills, including report writing and presenting information clearly.
• Highly motivated, action focused and results oriented.
• Sharp focus on the details involved in technical operations workflows, but also the capacity to see the top line global view and business strategy & implications of operations.
Apply with resume and salary expectation to: HR.Asia@aenetworks.com with Operations Senior Manager/Manager (Seoul based, full time) in the subject line.